1) Take a few minutes out of your day and find something that looks calm and relaxed. A tree gently blowing in the wind, your pet just sitting and relaxing, the clouds moving in the sky. Spend a few minutes watching them and it will help relax and ground you so you can go back to what you were doing with a renewed energy.
2) Pay attention to your breath throughout the day. If you notice you are breathing heavy or fast, take a minute to just detach from what you are doing and take a few regulated deep breaths to calm your mind and your breathing.
3) Walk the Walk – Check in with yourself and your core values each morning. Set your daily intentions to live those values and live them fully so you can set the example and make the impact you want in the world.
4) Learn to relinquish control. Much of our stress comes from trying to control everything in our lives. Sometimes it is alright to just to surrender to what is and not hold onto the need to control everything. Focus more on how you will respond to the things that you struggle to control as opposed to controlling them.
5) Listen to your body. It tells you everything you need to know about your physical and mental health. When you feel that something is off, take a second to acknowledge what you are feeling and make a choice to do what it takes to fix things. If it is physical, make sure you don’t ignore it and you go see a doctor. If it is mental, take a moment to reflect on what you are feeling in the moment, practice gratitude and acknowledge that you are feeling a bit off but remind yourself It is temporary and you can move past it.